ZETHA MEDIA - Polish Express Media Group
What can’t I buy or sell on Dyskretne.co.uk?
Anything illegal or unsafe. Or something our Dyskretne.co.uk community has asked us not to list. If we feel you’ve put up a banned item, we’ll ask you to take it down, or take it down ourselves.
Here’s some guidance on what you’re not allowed to sell (in alphabetical order):
- Adult entertainment, like blue movies
- Enhancing drugs
- Sex toys
Definitely no animal parts, including parts of protected species. Though taxidermy is fine unless it’s a protected animal.
Animal Trapping Devices
With the exception of fish traps and pony traps (carts)
We work closely with animal welfare organisations who are members of PAAG. We will delete any ads we believe are encouraging or indicate signs of animal cruelty. We may also refer them for investigation.
The big rules
Post photos of the actual animal instead of a picture you find online.
- The animal needs to be at least 8 weeks old before leaving the mother. We also require an animal to be six months old to have a passport.
- We don't allow more than 2 litters a year to be sold on the site.
- Please don’t mention breeding, sell animals for breeding or offer an animal for stud. Breeding pairs aren't allowed. If you’re selling breeding equipment, it needs to be sold separately.
- We don’t allow puppy farmers, and any we find will be reported to RSPCA and Trading Standards.
- We don’t allow dogs with docked tails and cropped/clipped ears. Birds with clipped wings aren’t allowed either.
- Animals advertised as good for work, or with reference to working parents aren’t allowed. Even if it’s a guard dog or a racing pigeon.
- Pregnant animals aren’t allowed.
- We don’t allow ads selling animals for food.
- Don’t ship animals or swap them for other animals, services or items.
- Don’t sell or give away your pet to anyone under the age of 18.
- No ads promoting fighting. And no ads selling or trading animals for fighting.
- We don’t allow any reference to animals being sold as Christmas or Easter gifts.
- If you’re an Animal Charity, you need a Business Account (it’s free) to post in Pets.
Are there any animals that aren’t allowed?
Yes, there are animals we don’t allow to be sold on the site, because they need specialist care and could risk going to someone who isn’t experienced enough to handle them.
All banned breeds found on the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991, Pit Bull terriers, Japanese Tosa, Dogo Argentino and Fila Brasileiro. Any other dogs that are known ‘of type’ may also not be allowed.
Wild, Hybrid, Munchkins, Chausie, Bobtail, Pixie Bobs, Savannah and Sand Cats, Scottish Fold, Manx and Sphynx.
Chipmunks, Squirrels, Skinny Pigs, Raccoons, South American Coati and all Hedgehogs.
Apple snails, Worms, Axolotls, Bats, Rhinoceros Iguana. Also North American Bullfrogs, and Boa Constrictors. Chameleons aren't allowed either. All and any breeds of Turtles, Tortoise & Terrapins are not allowed on the site.
All Parrots including Senegal Parrots & African Greys. Cockatoos, all Macaws, Amazons and Grass Parakeets. Ducks, Conures, Lories and Lorikeets, Rosellas, Lovebirds, Ring-necked parakeets are also not allowed. Owls, Hawks (& similar birds of prey), Pheasants, Ostriches, Also Peacocks/Peahens, Emus, and Rheas.
Pigs, Cows, Sheep, Goats, Alpacas, Monkeys, Meerkats, Wolves (incl. wolf hybrids), Foxes and Skunks.
We believe that although these make amazing pets, the person handling them needs to have a fair amount of knowhow on how to take care of them: Scorpions, Toads, Frogs, Newts & Spiders.
By law, we also don’t allow the sale of animals mentioned in...
Protected Species and Endangered Species. Animals that require a license to own under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act and other animals banned for sale by UK Legislation.
Unless they were manufactured after November 2015, due to safety risk concerns
Bongs and water pipes
Why? Because the MHRA says it’s prescription-only medicine.
Cigarettes and related products
- Cigarettes, cigars and loose tobacco
- Electronic cigarettes are allowed, but the liquids used to refill them aren't
Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Illegal drugs
- Prescription drugs, including ones you can buy over the counter
- Contact lenses because they require prescriptions
- Anything where the sole use is to help someone take drugs
- Legal highs
Fake, replica or trademark items
- Nothing fake, copied or unauthorised
- Something with a company name/logo but wasn’t made or endorsed by them
Copies could be pirated, duplicated, backed-up, bootlegged or something else.
Firearms and ammunition (even if they’re legal to buy)
- Guns, including air guns, replica guns, paintball guns and silencers
- Ammunition, including ammo for paintball
- Hunting equipment
Paintball paraphernalia (goggles, gloves) is allowed
Fireworks of any kind
- It’s actually illegal to resell tickets to professional matches in England and Wales, and matches involving the England or Wales national teams
- No tickets for FIFA, Scottish, Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland matches
Get in touch with the FA or your club to find out how to exchange tickets.
Gas Meter Seals
Hate organisations of any kind
Human parts, remains or services
- Blood, bone and waste
- Sperm and eggs
- Donor, surrogacy and fertility services
- Used pregnancy tests
- SS uniforms
- Portraits of Hitler
- Anything showing the Nazi swastika
- Nazi propaganda
If you’d like to give your pass to someone else, get in touch with your council.
Personal information or mailing lists
- You’re not allowed to sell bulk emails, Internet Protocol (IP), instant messenger (IM), or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers or other personal info
- No tools or software designed to send spam either
Security tag removal items
You’re not allowed to sell blocked phones or no-signal phones either. We’ll help the police convict anyone who deals in stolen goods.
Did you know it’s illegal to sell supplements that contain DMAA?
Train, coach and bus tickets
- It’s illegal to resell rail tickets in the UK (including Eurostar Tickets and local travel cards), unless you’re an official distributor
- No coach or bus tickets either, please
Get in touch with the coach or rail company to find out how to exchange tickets.
- Games consoles
- Copied games, DVDs and computer software
- No R4 cards please, with or without the console
- Fully loaded Kodi, Android and Amazon boxes
That’s software to help you unlock any electronic item, like a phone.
Best to keep the following to yourself:
- Briefs, knickers, thongs, boxer shorts, nappies and so on
Virtual items and products
- Domain names
- Online accounts
- FIFA coins
- Virtual merchandise
- Any other digital products
It’s illegal to buy or sell votes in the UK.
Weapons and knives
- Chef and kitchen knives
- Crossbows and archery sets
- Historical and ornamental weapons (like Samurai swords and bayonets)
It’s fine to sell knives as part of cutlery set, though.
If you have a questions please use Contact Form.